Chemical peeling and manual dermabrasion are the traditional techniques for the treatment of a range of skin abnormalities. We are all aware of the restrictions and difficulties associated with these procedures; they can be painful and rapid retreatment is not always possible. "Ultrapeel" therapy is not painful and does not require pre-treatment or topical anaesthsia. The real benefit is that after treatment, you are able to leave the clinic with a "clean and fresh" sparkling tone, due to regeneration of the epidermal cell structure.
About the Treatment
"Ultrapeel" microdermabraion can be used to treat the following:
- Dull Skins
- Thickened Skins
- Ageing Skins
- Sun Damaged Skins
- Stretch Mark Reduction
- Congested Skins
- Blemished Skins
- Acne Scarring
- Hyperpigmented Skins
- Scar Tissue Improvement
How does it work?
By a jet of fine crystals, which are vacuumed across the skin removing dead and damaged skin cells. Your therapist will advise you on the treatment suitable for your skin, leaving you with blemish-free, soft, smooth, younger and brighter skin.
What to expect after the treatment
Level 1 - Beauty flash
The skin may feel tight, as if exposed to the sun or wind for a while after treatment.
Level 2 - Deeper treatment for more blemished, sundamaged or thicker skins.
The skin will look red and slightly swollen, ranging from a few hours to a few days.
Level 3 - Deep treatment for acne, acne scars, keloid scars and stretch marks
The skin will look red and swollen as in level 2. Slight blood spotting may occur immediately after treatment and the healing over process will commence.
How to care for the treated area for all treatment levels
- Keep the skin well moisturised as recommended by your therapist or doctor.
- Ensure that the area is kept clean with pH balancing products, as recommended.
- Remember the new fresh skin which has been exposed will be delicate.
- Do not apply make-up for 24 hours. Keep skin well covered with EGF/DNA Recovery Crème.
- Avoid any other treatments on the skin for two weeks.
- Do not use sun beds for at least 2 weeks.
- Keep the area as clean and as moisturised as possible.
- Avoid swimming for a least 2 weeks.
- Follow all instructions for level 2 plus:
- Keep the area covered with sterile dressing for 24 hours.
- If the treated area is on the body, wear loose fitting clothing.
BACK TO CLINICAL TREATMENTS